There are a lot of differences between gambling online and gambling in a “brick and mortar” casino.
We have spent a lot of time gambling both at online casinos and in “real” casinos.
In our lifetime, we have signed up, deposited funds and played real money casino games at hundreds of online casinos. We have also tried our luck at the Blackjack tables and slots machines in hundreds of land-based casinos, in Las Vegas, Reno, Amsterdam, London, Malta and many more places.
Based on our extensive experiences, we have put together a list of the pros and cons of online gambling compared to gambling in a “physical” casino.
- The rules are as good as or better at online casinos. Whether you are playing online pokies, online bingo, table games or other games.
- As a result, payout percentages at an online casino are higher than at land-based casinos.
- Online casinos give out welcome bonuses, free play, free spins and reload bonuses.
- There are no parking costs or travel times – you can play from your own home.
- Online casinos are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- There are no cranky pit bosses, annoying customers or smoky game rooms to deal with.
- No tipping is needed.
- The choice of casino games is enormous.
- You can easily set up deposit or maximum loss limits.
The games selection at an online casino is huge and grows every day.
Besides thousands of online slots and electronic table games, more and more casinos are adding a Live Casino section, where you can play Live Dealer Casino games.
- Customer service is always through live chat, mail or phone.
- In some online casinos, the service can be spotty.
- It can take a few days for you to get paid out.
- If you use an electronic wallet such as Skrill or Neteller waiting times can be a lot shorter, sometimes less than an hour.
- Some casinos have unfavourable terms and conditions such as a maximum amount that you can withdraw per week or impossible wagering requirements of the bonus.
- Technical problems can lead to frustration, especially when a site crashes during play or just when you made a deposit. We have always had these issues resolved though.
While online gambling has some definite pros and cons, there are plenty of great online casinos on the market.
As online gambling becomes more and more accepted as a trusted and viable way to gamble, an increasing number of countries have chosen to regulate their online casino markets.
Some countries, such as Canada and New Zealand, however, are unregulated to this day. Thankfully, residents from these countries need not despair. They can still play at online casinos that accept Canadians or New Zealand online casinos.
These online casinos are licensed in other jurisdictions, such as the United Kingdom or Malta, but offer a reliable place to play online casino games.
We have done all your homework for you by weeding out the bad ones and by only working with reliable, trustworthy casinos.
|1||100% bonus up to $€ 50 + 50 free spins||Visit Now Review|
|2||200% bonus + 200 free spins Starburst||Visit Now Review|
|3||100% bonus up to £€100 + 50 free spins||Visit Now Review|
|4||110% bonus up to €/$/£100||Visit Now Review|
|5||100% bonus up to $£100 + 100 free spins Spinions||Visit Now Review|